Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Panguitch to Cedar City, UT Wednesday July 29, 2015

About a 3500 foot climb in elevation ahead of me today, followed by of 4000 foot drop down into Cedar City. It will be a fast afternoon.
Creek between Panguitch and Panguitch Lake.


Pretty green meadow now and very white in the winter.


Panguitch Lake

Panguitch Lake

Cycling guides supporting a group of about seven cyclists on a ride across southern Utah. They had plenty of supplies and I accepted their invitation to have some food.

Lone Peak.  I don't know if that's its real name but that's what I called it.

Quakies

The straight and narrow path that leads to a downhill ride.

When I finally got to the top of the mountain I found Alan reaction and strumming his guitar.

This man is the supervising engineer for the resurfacing project of the highway through this area. He lives in Peoria, Arizona. He was really good on the guitar. We visited for an hour or so while we had lunch and I recuperated from the uphill climb.

Somewhere down there is Cedar City, Utah, destination for tonight. A few days ago my Garmin speedometer went on the blink. I phoned Garmin and ordered a replacement and they're sending it to the motel where we'll be staying in Cedar City. It was there when we arrived.

That peak is Brian Head, elevation 11,315.

Zoomed in shot of Brian Head.



This is called Cedar Breaks.

Sheepherder tending his flock.

No pedaling here.  Just don't go too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment