Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hanksville to Torrey, UT Friday 7/24/2015

I had no idea how special today would be.
Early morning start


New mown alfalfa smells so good


Gatorade on ice


Shadows add to the beauty

Another unique rock formation 

Muddy waters breed lush green


You can find this place on a map and see how remote it is


Capitol dome

Fortress


Peaches grown here

Also apples

With a little imagination you can see a dog face


The surprise of a lifetime.  Some of my family sneak up on me for a surprise visit and
to ride a day with me.

Front to back:  Granddaughters Kimri and Larissa, daughter Carla, and sons Curtis, Scott, and Russell.  It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on when they pulled up alongside me.
Lucky for Russell I'm pulling a trailer as he's sneaking up on me for their surprise visit.

Russell, near the van,  waiting for Scott to catch up before they surprise me.  Scott said he learned two things about cycling while he was trying to catch up to me.  First; "I learned that I could do this cycling thing".  Second; "I also learned that I don't want to do it."

A good cold Gatorade never tasted so good.
Checking out my map
I couldn't get them to load my trailer and baggage into their trailer fast enough.

This is so much easier without pulling that extra weight.  I felt like I was flying.

Got to the campground in Torrey and found Kory and Dustin there.  Here we are displaying our biker tans.  Kory and Dustin are from Pennsylvania.

Look who greeted me in Torrey, Utah.  My great granddaughter Adele Mickelson.  She and her parents, Thayne and Kylie and older brother Riley, drove down from southern Idaho to be with me.  That was awesome.  Also showing up were grandson Dustin Clouse, his wife Heather and their two children, Kayla and Cooper.  They drove down from the Provo, Utah area.  Also very awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment