Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Milford to Baker, NV Friday July 31, 2015

Milford is an important railroad town.  This is where the railroad crews change shifts.  Real nice motel, mostly supported by the railroad crews. Also, a very good 24 hour restaurant right next to the motel.
This sign greeted me as I was leaving Milford.

Riding early creates long shadows.

One of many summits crossing Nevada.


This is the story of Nevada; Over a mountain, across a wide valley, then over another mountain.


These nice people are wearing the shirts of the cycling group they are members of in the San Francisco area

Distance is deceiving.  My guess  as to how far it was across this valley was way off what is measured on my odometer.



I see the eyes and forehead of a monster rising up.  Some imagination, eh.



This is what it looks like when you're down in one of the valleys. No sign of civilization, except for the highway I'm on.



This man was from Texas. He was riding a motorcycle. He took a few pictures of me riding down the highway and emailed them to me later. Those pictures are on my computer somewhere but I can't find them right now.





Another summit conquered.

Alan with the chuckwagon.










The deli is now open while the chef sunbathes.


A lake near Baker, NV.






Only two more states to cross.




Didn't see any snakes, though.

An old small cellar next to our motel.


This is Baker, NV.

The store and restaurant in Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment