Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Torrey to Escalante, UT Saturday July 25, 2015

     I'm really looking forward to riding today. Going to be going over Boulder Mountain, which is a big mountain, without pulling my trailer behind me. At the end of today I will not have walked and pushed my bicycle up an incline one time. Today's experience of not having to walk and push brought me to a very important decision. I realized that if I was pulling this trailer the rest of my journey I would not be able to finish in time for school to start. So at the end of the day I called my stepson, Alan Brown, who lives in Carson City, Nevada, and was able to get him to meet me in Panguitch, Utah, and be a support vehicle for me. What a blessing it was for me for him to do that. We had a great time together for the next couple of weeks.
The griddle and breakfast to start Saturday off on the right foot.

Scott cooking breakfast in the trailer and Dustin waiting for breakfast.


Me, Carla, Larissa, and Kimri near the top of Boulder Mountain.

Looking back where I've come through from Boulder Mountain


Nice meadow for a picnic lunch.

Heather and Dustin relaxing in the shade.  Heather was awesome pedaling uphill  pulling kids in a child's cart behind her. She is in great shape.

Lunch with little Riley in the foreground.  He was so excited about riding bicycles with his grandpa on the mountain.

Carla walking and keeping up with me on an incline.

Let's check this map out and see how far to Escalante.

Kimri, Russell, Curtis,  and Thayne ready to roll.


At the top of Boulder Mountain and look at that road drop off for the downhill run.


The spine of this hill was just wide enough for the highway. It drops off steep in both directions.


Thank goodness we're riding this 14% grade downhill and not going the other direction.  It was fast.




Way down there is a stream of water.


There really is more to Escalante than what you see here. It is a nice little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment