Saturday, June 1, 2019

May 29, 2019 Wednesday Victor to Albion, NY

I've been looking forward to riding the banks of the Erie Canal.  After a few miles that asphalt ended and I was on a muddy road due to construction along the bank.

Another view of the canal.

What started out as a very nice paved bike path turned into a single track trail. They sent me  to the emergency  room at a hospital in Medina, about 10 miles away.  They said nothing appears to be broken, but I sure have a hard time getting a good nights sleep.  And there's nothing pleasant about coughing or sneezing.
One of the several locks on the canal.

This is the nice paved part of the canal trailway.

Another view of trailway and canal.

Crews working on the trailway.

The trailway is starting to narrow.  This is about a mile before my crash landing.
The big goose hissed at me as I slowly passed his family.
The mud only got worse until I finally wised up and found my own detour to a paved highway.

This is the backyard of some residents which extends up to the canal bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment