Monday, July 20, 2015

Andover to Kingman, KS Thu 7/2/2015

     My route takes me across the southern tip of Wichita.  At one point US 400 West merges with an Interstate.  Now I'm on the Interstate where I'm not allowed because of a 45 mph minimum  speed limit.  I can''t quite pedal that fast.  A policeman comes up behind me with red lights flashing and explains all this to me.  All I said was "can you help me get out of this?"  And he did.  We were into an exit ramp and as he turned to return to his car he informed me that my trailor tire was flat.  When I got on a residential street I changed the tire.  Back on US 400 and I'm into farming country again.
Swallow nests under a bridge
Wheat field about ready for harvest
A big haystack.  They say these round bales can be stored for up to two years and not lose their nutrition.  They are compacted so tight that the rain does not penetrate.  Plus they usually put the wrap around them that you see here.



This is the kind of shoulder I like to ride on.  Nice and wide, clean and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment