Sunday, July 12, 2015

Everton to Pittsburg, KS Mon 6/29/2015

     Finally made it into Kansas.  The terrain is starting to level out a little more.
Moving the equipment from one field to the next.

Farm operation surrounded by crops.


Now here's a bouquet of flowers.

Cattle country

Lisa and Jenny from Norway.  They're riding the same route I am but they are making better time than I am.  Young kids.

Leo from Minneapolis, age 65.  He is biking from Astoria, Oregon to Yorktown, Virginia.  He's done several long bike rides and obviously has figured out what he can get along without.  I haven't done that yet.
No state line sign here.  However, this is also the state line into Kansas.

Provisions in Pittsburg , KS.  When my working colleagues, Kay, Cindy, or I suggest that we need provisions during the teaching day this is what we get.

Met Dan Rank in the grocery store in Pittsburg.  Nice young man.  He played football for Pittsburg State University.  That's the local university

2 comments:

  1. You are having such a great time meeting awesome people and seeing the U.S. in the best way. I am jealous of your adventures but so proud of you and the goals you are achieving. You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great! Eat lots of desserts Guy! It will help keep your energy levels up! What an adventure you are giving us all!

    ReplyDelete