Sunday, August 9, 2015

Canon City to Sweetwater Motel near Texas Creek, CO Fri 7/10/2015

     Uphill for quite a ways over the first mountain.  Then a good downhill run to the Arkansas River.  Now the road just follows the river almost to the Continental Divide and the headwaters of the Arkansas River.  Before I get that far up the mountains there's a couple of stops first.  I wasn't sure about any motels in this area and was preparing myself mentally for a campout.  But I stopped for lunch at the Texas Creek Cafe and learned about the Sweetwater Motel just a couple of miles further on down the road.  When I got there it was a four room motel and I got the last room.
Leaving Canon City

Rockslide from yesterday's thunderstorm

Elk on the horizon.  Statues.

Ranch entrance


Top of a hill now it's down down to the Arkansas River

Now we're starting to see the color in Colorful Colorado

The Rockies


Lots of river runners on the Arkansas River

More river runners


Whitewater

Interesting outcrop of rock

Another scene

I like river and mountain scenes

Another beautiful scene

Suspension bridge across the Arkansas River to a camping area along the banks of the river 

Looking downstream from the bridge

The Sweetwater Motel

No comments:

Post a Comment