Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday in Salida, CO Sun 7/12/2015

     Went to church at the Salida Branch.  Also visiting was a Scout Troop from Houston, Texas on their High Adventure Activity.
Salida Branch Meetinghouse




Looking down into the town of Salida


Pasture and mountains

Passed these two relics riding home from church


Went to WalMart to get supplies for Monday and met Jeff and John outside the store.  They are from Vermont and are riding the Continental Divide Ride.  They looked at my Trek bike, my Brooks saddle, and my Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires and remarked, "You know what you're doing".  Of course that made me feel good.  They are riding the route from South to North.  They started at Douglas, AZ and will end at Banff, Canada.

One of their bikes loaded with their gear

The other bike loaded with their gear

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I so remember Monarch Pass! 11,312 feet of pure struggle. The downhill put me at my fastest speed ever on a bike 51 mph. Awesome! Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete