Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday in Garden City, KS July 5, 2015

Attended church.  Did laundry and rested.
The meeting house in Garden City

Armando and Ann Caballero with their children Paul, Joseph, Isabelle, Rebecca, and Sam.  It was their first Sunday in Garden City.  He is going to manage a very large cattle feeding operation about 20 miles from Garden City.  He was just transferred here for that job.  Anyway, I had noticed them at church and when I sat down in a booth alone at the Lone Star Restaurant, Armando came over and invited me to join their family for dinner.  We had a great time visiting.  Their kids were getting restless and they excused themselves before I had finished my dinner.  I asked the waitress for my check and she told me my meal was paid for.  Really great people and a beautiful family.

Met David and Sissy White at the motel.  They were providing Pilot Car services for the movement of Windmill blades that generate electricity from Garden City to somewhere in Colorado.  I had seen the blades in a lot near the highway as I entered Garden City, but I couldn't figure out what they were.  I was amazed at how long they were.  David told me they were 193 feet long and when they move them down the highway they have a another driver that steers the back wheels of the trailer so they can make turns without having a "curb check ".

No comments:

Post a Comment