Sunday, August 9, 2015

Garden City to Holly, CO Mon 7/06/2015

     Finally made it to Colorado. Lots of biting flies here. Left the Central Time Zone and entered the Mountain Time Zone. A few miles from the border and I rode into Holly, Colorado. Got a problem. Only one motel in town and its sign says no vacancy. There was a park near the motel that had an octagon shaped Ramada with several tables underneath. There was the threat of rain so I decided to sleep on the table in the middle of the Ramada.  Around midnight I heard rain. But it wasn't rain. The sprinklers had come on and were spraying underneath the Ramada on me. Fortunately, I had inserted my bedroll into a waterproof bivvy, so I just let it sprinkle me as it made it's circular path.

Toto reincarnated but still in Kansas

Lonesome windmill

Getting closer to home











Won't really see the color until the Rocky Mountains
Innocent little Holly.  Does it have a couple of surprises for me

A most unwelcome sign
My bed on the table under the ramada that protects one from rain but not sprinklers

No comments:

Post a Comment