Friday, August 28, 2015

Gunnison to Montrose, CO Tue 7/14/2015




I really saw some beautiful scenery through this part of Colorado.
Gunnison River


Sagebrush

Smooth water surface makes for some beautiful reflection pictures.

More reflections

I really like this one

Still another

Last one







There is a buffalo in this field and there's a broken fence.  I
made a quick turnaround when he moved close to that opening.




Not desolate, just different.

I did have deer cross the road in front of me a couple of times, but they're faster on their feet than I am with the camera.

Morrow Point Reservoir

Geology students from the University of Iowa (The Hawkeyes).  They bring students here quite often to study the formation of rocks here.  I mentioned coming across the Appalachia Mountains to their professor and he told me that billions of years ago those mountains were higher than Mount Everest is today.  That as the continents shifted that raised the Himalayas and lowered the Appalachians.  Really quite interesting talking with him.

Another "not desolate, but different" scene.


Such a pretty view looking across this reservoir at the rock formations of that mountain

The Rocky Mountains are not only long, but wide.

Water, mountains, clouds.

Elk are beautiful animals, even if it is a statue.

A father and son from Germany riding the opposite direction as me.  I had stopped on a pull-out to take some pictures and the son rode across the highway toward me with a big smile on his face.  I said "Man, meeting you here is like meeting family."  He replied, "Yes, it is."  They thought it was cool that I had German made Schwalbe tires.  We visited and shared stories for about 45 minutes.  Their combined age equaled my age.

This reminds me of the White Mountains in Arizona.


Ate some of the most delicious home made pie with ice cream near Cimarron while visiting with this handsome  man.  He was a very quiet man, didn't have anything to say,  didn't even nod his head.

Gunnison River

Getting close to the summit

Made it.  But, the rain pelted me when I was going down the other side.
   
Another beautiful sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment