Monday, December 19, 2016

Austin to Old Middlegate Station, NV Wednesday August 5, 2015

Middlegate station is on the pony express route. That is my destination today.  Now it's a bar and restaurant, motel made up of mobile homes, and a mobile home park.  There are actually five Pony Express stations that I'll go through today and tomorrow. The first one I'll go through today is the Peterson Station site.  The second one today is Carroll Station. Then there's Eastgate Station. Old Middlegate Station is the fourth one I'll go through today, which is where we'll spend the night. Then tomorrow on my way to Fallon, Nevada I'll go by the Westgate Station. The Westgate Station is a little ways off the road and I missed seeing it.
Cemetery outside of Austin

I like these mailboxes. All USPS approved.

Hippopotamus peak

The atlas calls this white area a distorted surface. It looks like salt to me.

This military vehicle is just sitting out in the desert. The Fallon Naval Air Station is near here. Fallon is where I'll be heading tomorrow.

Another straight and narrow path

A farmhouse stuck out here all alone

Some crops planted across the street from the farmhouse

A well and pump station for irrigation

A little creative art work along the road

Part of the Carroll Station location

And Another part of the Carroll Station

Third part of the Carroll Station

They look at me and I look at them

Crossed over the Carroll Summit and heading down hill towards Old Middlegate station




Rocks held together by heavy gauge wire secures the gateposts



  
Add caption

Eastgate Station

Old Middlegate Station Bar, Restaurant, and Motel office

Relics displayed in front of the restaurant

Another relic

This is the motel





The restaurant and bar ceiling is plastered with $1 bills.









No comments:

Post a Comment