Sunday, June 23, 2013

Driftwaters RV Resort to West Yellowstone


January 19, 2013 Day 12 Riding Day 19 of trip.
     First mechanical problems with bike today.  I stopped to read a billboard and the wind blew my bike over.  When I started riding again some of the gears were shifting on their  own.  This worried me.  I found some gears where it wouldn't slip and made it ok.
     Pictures are of the side of the mountain that slid into the Madison River and damming it killing 26 people during the earthquake on the night of August 17, 1959.  The other picture is where the water runs out of Earthquake Lake.  Eventually the dam will be eroded away by the water and the lake will disappear and the river will be like before.
     Last 13 miles to West Yellowstone were cold and rainy.  The low in the morning is predicted to be 27 degrees.  By the time I got to bed I think it was getting close to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment