Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jackson to kDillon,MT Day 8 Riding Day 12 of Trip

June 12, 2013
     There are five words to describe todays ride:  Wind, windy, windier, headwind, and crosswind.  The wind does know how to blow up here.
     Was passed by two young guys from Ireland riding from Vancouver, BC to New York and another youngster from Australia riding from Seattle to Boston.
     Coming into Dillon I hadn't passed any hotels.  It was a little after 7 pm on Wednesday so it was activity night at the church, so I pulled in to ask where the hotels were.  A lady and her son and granddaughter were coming out of the church.  They told me where the motels were in town and I left. I stopped at a stop sign and they pulled alongside and offered me lodging in their guest room.  Ended up staying there two days and three nights.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were hard rides climbing over four passes so I rested Thursday.  Friday morning is was raining and the temperature was 32 degrees.  The snow plows were out clearing the snow off the road over Big Hole Pass where I passed on Wednesday.  So I stayed another day.
     Spent all morning Friday at the Museum in Dillon.  Spent the afternoon trying to get pictures posted on this blog but not having any success getting them to upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment