Sunday, June 9, 2013

Missoula to Florence Day 4 riding Day 7 of trip

Spent the morning at Adventure Cycling Association.  Greg Siple took my picture and had me fill out a profile of myself and description of my ride and they add it to their archives.  There are 40,000 members of this association worldwide.  Greg is the founder of the association.  In the 70's he and some friends rode from Alaska to the southern tip of Argentina.  Then they started this association to promote cycling.  The man and the lady in one of the pictures are tour guides and they were here training other tour guides from around the country.
     Left Missoula after lunch.  Met a family on a bike path alongside the highway going the opposite direction and they stopped me.  His name is Roger DiBrito and he knows Dr. Pangrazi from ASU.  Roger is a retired PE teacher has developed a curriculum teaching bicycle safety to elementary school children.  He invited me to dinner and gave me lodging for the night.  He does this all the time.  He has a beautiful home in a beautiful location.  We had a great barbecue dinner at his daughter's house.  He recruited me to his Endomondo team to promote health and fitness.  You record the miles you've ridden on your bike on this app and you compete with other teams to see who can log the most miles.  When we logged in my miles since May 1st our team shot to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment