Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gallup to Zuni, NM

 Indian Fry Bread restaurant
 The real thing-Fry Bread
 Met this rancher/cowboy at gas station/convenience store
 Zuni father and son
 Storm approaching from my left
 Storm approaches from my right
 Storm from left arrives but I made shelter just in time
 Good 20 minute downpour
Terrain just outside Zuni

July 13, 2013 Saturday, Day 32 riding, Day 43 of trip.
Decided to ride to Zuni today and then to Quemado on Monday.
The Motel (B&B) was full.  I asked the lady at the desk if she knew a mormon bishop.  She arranged for accommodations next to the LDS chapel.
Met the senior missionary couple, Elder and Sister Steele from Idaho.  Vivian Tekala, the lady at the B&B, called them and told them I was at a restaurant eating dinner and they showed up as I was finishing dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment