Thursday, July 25, 2013

Silver City to Lordsburg

 Rest stop
 Cute house that caught my eye
 The last continental divide crossing
 Landscape
 Fifteen mile downhill ride to Lordsburg
 Those mountains are where I was an hour ago
 LDS chapel in Lordsburg
 Potluck dinner I rode into as they were celebrating Pioneer Day at the church
Me and Dan Bennett.  Met him at the potluck dinner.  Dan is an avid cyclist.  He does the racing circuit

July 24, 2013 Wednesday, Day 37 riding, Day 54 of trip.
Long climb out of Silver City then rolling hills favoring and uphill flavor to the continental divide.  From there it was downhill all the way to Lordsburg.  
I called Lloyd Payne, brother of John Payne in Reserve, and he told me to ride on over to the church for the potluck dinner.  When he introduced me to people there he told them I had ridden all the way from Canada just to be at the dinner.  Anyway, it was good timing and good food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment