Thursday, July 25, 2013

Glenwood to Silver City, NM

 Double entry
 Another wash running after a cloudburst
 Landscape
 A dry wash waiting for the rain to fall
 Landscape
 Another dry wash
 Rain in progress
 Intermittent stream.  No fish here
Ranch headquarters

July 23, 2013 Tuesday, Day 36 riding, Day 53 of trip.
Was going to start riding at 7 am but I forgot to recharge my Garmin (speedometer).  Started riding at 9 am.  Didn't get to Silver City until 9:30 pm.  
It started raining about 3 pm real hard for about 30 minutes then it let up and drizzled off and on the rest of the way into Silver City.  The rain made the ride very nice and comfortable.  Temperature dropped to around 70 degrees.
About 5:30 the rain let up for a while and I stopped to have a snack.  I sat down on the edge of the asphalt and was eating and admiring the scenery in front of me, smelling the cool fresh air from the rain and thinking how lucky I am to be able to make this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment