Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Placerville to Rico, CO

 Beautiful river scene going from Placerville towards Telluride
 Ditto above
 Ditto above
 Another biker riding from San Francisco to Virginia 
 Rocky Mountain Peaks
 Looking back where I came from near Ophir
 Cliffs near Ophir
 Lizard Head Pass conquered at 5:00 pm today
 Rocky Mountain Peaks above timberline
Looking back from Lizard Head Pass

July 9, 2013 Tuesday, Day 28 riding, Day 39 of trip.
I can't remember the bikers name in the picture above with me.  He lives about 50 miles north of San Francisco.  He said he had driven thru this part of the country years ago in a VW Bus.  I said "Oh, were you a hippie?"  He said, "Yes.  Just me, my wife, and our kid along with some of our friends.  We just roamed around the country."  He only weighs 115#.  I may not have said what I did if he weighed 250#.  

No comments:

Post a Comment