Sunday, May 31, 2015

Catawba to Radford, VA May 29, 2015

Friday May 29. 2015  Woke up at the barn this morning and was greeted with foggy weather.  It didn't take long for it to burn off.
   
Met John Oen today.  He stopped his truck and offered me a ride but I turned him down.  We had a great visit.  His parents, Dean and Carol, winter in Mesa and live in Sunland Village.  He gave me his card and his parents address in Mesa.  I'll stop and meet them next winter.

 Landscape shot

 No traffic lines but few cars

 This building could probably tell a few good stories

 Countryside shot

 Shades of green

 Farm setting

 Here's a typical roof shape on a barn with accompanying silos

 Notice the man starting to sit down on the side porch.  He stopped and talked to me when I got into Radford.  He said I had taken a picture of his home and I told him he had a very beautiful home.  Then he said this was the third time he had seen me today and he wanted to stop and meet me.  His name was Leonard.

 Old silos make a good climbing wall for vines

 Major remodeling project taking place on this barn

 Gave my hoss a little rest while I took some pictures

 A runaway millipede

John One whom I mentioned above

No comments:

Post a Comment