Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mechanicsville to Mineral, VA May 22, 2015

Friday, May 22, 2015.  Janet fixed a nice breakfast of pancakes, bacon and eggs.  Her husband Nick was asleep when I got in last night so I got to meet him at breakfast.
 Nick and Janet Nicklaus

 Getting my dashboard ready.

 Leaving the Nicklaus' home.

 Met Tracy Adams in Ashland.  She recognized that I was from Arizona so she stopped to talk to me. She went to Mountain View High School but then lived in Scottsdale before moving to Virginia.

 Just a real homey country road.

 Log cabin s still exist.

 Now this looks like an upscale farm with the corn off to a good start.

 Looks like this silo has been around for a long time.

 Beautiful view.

 It is so nice riding thru these tree tunnels.


 Dashboard and map.  In case you're wondering where the phone is, it's in my hand taking the picture.

 This is Ashlee Patterson.  I was at a junction trying to figure out where I was and where to go when she stops her car in the roadway to help me out.  She was so excited and friendly.

 This is Gwen at the D and L Country Store.  She has a notebook that she asks all the bikers to sign into.  So I left my signature and where I was from and what I was doing.  Then I bought my dinner and sat on the store's steps and ate.

 This is what I ate.

 I like the porch around this house.

This is looking back down a hill I am in the process of pushing my bike up.  It has to be at least a 12% grade.  My Garmin won't calculate the grade if moving slower than 4 mph.  So, without the proof this grade is anything I say it is.

3 comments:

  1. More cool scenery, keep it coming! I don't know about that banana lap shot though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that porch too! That is my dream house out in the country.

    ReplyDelete