Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mesa to Williamsburg, VA May 19, 2015

Wednesday May 20, 2015.  Left Phx Sky harbor at 1:20 am.  Had a 3 hour layover in charlotte, NC.
I sure don't look like your typical world traveler here.  This ride better reduce that paunch some.

 Inside the Charlotte terminal

 This is Bill Leland.  He introduced himself to me in the Charlotte Terminal.  He and his wife do tandem cycling and she doesn't mind being a backseat driver.  And it gets them to where they're going at the same time.  He lives in North Carolina in a town near Leland, but probably not named after him.

This is the cab driver that finally got me to the Fed Ex store.  I had to help direct him with my phone GPS.

 Everything is here but not assembles.  Now the fun begins, unwrapping christmas.

 Now the work begins, putting the christmas toys together.

All together and ready to roll.  It's 4:00 pm, rush hour traffic.  Kind of scary.
 Rough riding here with the road under construction.

 Lush forests right up to the edge of the road.

 More lush green.

This is Patel from India.  Speaks very broken english and was hard for me to understand.  He pointed out something that he thought was wrong with the bike tire.  There was nothing wrong with what he was pointing out, but it caused me to lift the bike and spin the rear tire and that's when I discovered the rear brake disc must have been damaged during shipment and was bent and was rubbing the disc brake pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment