Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mineral to Charlottesville, VA May 23, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015.  Go into town after dark.  No motels here, but there is a vacant field behind the Fire Station that they call a campground.  It has a ramada and a picnic table and is mainly used by bikers.  They let us use the bathroom and shower facilities in the station, if we want to.
     I arrived in Charlottesville about 4 pm. and found a motel about two miles away from the church.  The only room I could find on ground level was a smoking room.  When I told him I would take it he gave me the second night free, since I was a non-smoker.  Now he could turn on the No Vacancy Sign.
 This is the ramada behind the Fire Station.  My cot is to the right.

 The two guys on the right are from Canada and they are riding cross country ending in Astoria, Oregon.  The couple on the left are husband and wife from Maryland and friends of the others.  They are joining the riders for four days and returning to Maryland.  The wife is carrying the bikers gear in the car for now.


 "Hungry Man's Special at the local Cafe in Mineral. Three eggs, three bacon, two sausage, two biscuits with sausage gravy and two toast, 6 bucks.  I made my mama proud and ate it all.

 So many big front lawns.  Which is why they all seem to have big riding lawn mowers.


 Another big yard.

 This guys mansion is hidden by the trees.

 This is one of my favorites.

Here's a zoomed in shot of it.  I think they like windows.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you ate that entire breakfast! Plus chocolate milk! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete