Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lovingston to Lynchburg, VA May 26, 2015

Tuesday May 26, 2015.  My breakfast was warmed up spaghetti and meatballs left over from last night.  I wanted to get to the FedEx store in Lynchburg by  7 PM so I can send homes some excess baggage. I got there at 6:45 PM and was their last customer. It was tough navigating through the streets of Lynchburg because the streets reminded me so much about San Francisco. Very steep.
View from my motel room.  The black bag on top of the yellow bag was shipped home as excess baggage.

Roadside scenery

Hey is baled in rolls

Looks like they have their own fishing pond right outside their door


Amherst cemetery

Home along Main Street in Amherst
Another home along Main Street in Amherst

Another one
Meet 83 year old Billy White. I stopped for lunch at Hardee's and he asked if he could join me for lunch. So we had lunch together.  He was telling me about his nephew who was a pole vaulter who got a dog that was a black lab and a pit bull mix. He named the dog Boubka, after the Russian pole vaulter.  The dog is about 15 years old and was in bad health. The nephew gave the dog to Billy. Billy took the dog to the vet. Some people commented that the dog would never make it back home alive. The vet told Billy to just leave the dog with him for a few days. In a few days the vet returned the dog to Billy and the dog seemed very healthy, like there was nothing wrong with him. Billy marveled at the recovery of the dog and then he asked the vet, "Will you be my doctor"?

Another fine home on the way to Lynchburg

And another one

My first few Lynchburg, VA

One of the streets in Lynchburg that reminds me of San Francisco it is so steep

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with the homes you saw in Virginia and the cemeteries. I would have to stop and look at them all.

    ReplyDelete