Monday, May 25, 2015

Charlottesville to Lovingston May 25, 2015

Wednesday, May 25 2015. I decided I need to send some things home. Trying to cut down on the weight and gain some more space. Got it bagged up and went  to the UPS store and found out it was a holiday today. When I get to Lynchburg then I'll be able to send it home. I'm changing my route a little bit again trying to knock off a few miles. The maps I'm using are giving me the scenic route. Right now I'm more interested in just moving on down the road. So I'm taking a more direct route from Charlottesville to Lynchburg. However, I only made it halfway at about 6 o'clock and there is a nice little motel here in Lovingston where I got a room for the night. After showering, then a
big spaghetti and meatball dinner. Grab a few carbs for tomorrow.
 I'm now getting into the Appalachian Mountains and these hills are brutal. It's coast downhill then pedal as far as you can uphill, then get off your bike and push the rest of the way up the hill. Then it is just repeat, repeat, repeat.

Stopped for a quick little snack

The Appalachians
The Appalachians
A really welcome sight



1 comment: