Sunday, June 7, 2015

Abingdon to Methodist Church Hostel for bicyclists Wednesday June 3, 2015

     Big event today. Another spoke broke on the rear wheel and jammed into the gear cassette and it took me down.  No injuries.  I'm glad it didn't break a link in the chain.  It's over 200 miles to the next bike shop in Berea, KY, unless I backtrack, and I don't want to do that.

Another beautiful home as I was leaving Abingdon 

This looked to me like a family burial plot about 100yds from the house


A entering one county and leaving another county is many times a signal for a downhill ride.  The county lines seem to run along the tops of  mountains.


This is Alex. A guy in his early twenties riding from Florida to Ohio and on to Maine.  Met him at the Methodist Church Hostel.

This is the ramada we slept under.

A sign welcoming weary bikers to the Hostel.

The sign says it

This is the church that welcomes cyclists.  There's food in the cupboards and in the refrigerator and bathroom facilities.  They've been providing this for 40 years.

3 comments:

  1. That's cool that there are places that cater to cyclists. I wonder if there are places like that along AZ roadways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed at the same Methodist church. It was nice.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there are such generous cyclist lovers.

    ReplyDelete