Sunday, June 14, 2015

Harrodsburg to Bardstown, KY Fri June 12, 2015

     Some more pretty country scenery today.  And I also met a professional classical music performer. (See below)
This farmer had quite a collection of antique farm equipment

Including this old Sunbeam Bread delivery truck

I thought his mailbox was unique, also

This is country living


What a hair-do this fence post has



Classic farm scene with silo and barn

This farmer is raking the hay to turn it over so it will dry sooner, I think

Corn field and rock wall

Here's the wall

Rose Hill, Kentucky water tower

Cemetery on a hill

A special looking tree

More rolling farm land

Markville's water tower towering above the cemetery 

What a privilege it was to meet this young man.  Had I not gotten off the route yesterday I possibly never would have met this man.  He rode by me as I was pushing my bike up a steep hill and he says "good luck, man".  A couple miles down the road I catch up to him when he stops in the shade of a tree to eat.  He offers me a peach and I accept it and enjoy it.  His name is Robert Elibay-Hartog, from Berlin, Germany and he started riding from New York City to San Francisco.  He is a professional Classical Music singer.  We enjoyed a good conversation together 

Robert's picture on the back of his business card

His business card.  Google his name and you can see some of his performances.  The written-in portion is his blogsite

The Confederacy still live in the hearts of many

The hay baler that bales the round bales of hay

4 comments:

  1. Looked up that singer on Youtube. He's legit...but I didn't understand a word of it. Amazing variety of people you are meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met more Europeans and Asian bikers on my trip than I did American riders. Looking forward to your next post! Pedal on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are amazing. I am so excited for you in following your dreams. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful countryside! You look great, Grandpa. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete