Monday, June 22, 2015

Sunday in Carbondale, IL Sun 6/21/2015

Attended the Carbondale Ward Meetings.  Walked in and felt like I was in my home ward again.   It   was a wonderful day as I got calls and messages from my family wishing me a Happy Fathers Day, and it was.
Primary children singing "I'm so glad when daddy comes home" after meetings.  Then the young men and young women served all the dads root beer floats.

Proud dads watching and listening to their children singing.  I remember being one of those dads when my kids were in Primary.

Patrick Hayes was the first to greet me as I entered the church


James Mathias invited me to dinner with his family in their home.


Jacob Jackson, a young single adult returned from his mission in Germany a year ago.  I told him if he'd come out to Mesa I would let him date one of my beautiful granddaughters.

Carbondale Ward Building

My taxi waiting outside the church to take me back to my motel.

James and Amanda Mathias with their children Samuel, Olivia, Whitney and Caleb.  It was fun being with them and interacting with the kids.

2 comments:

  1. What nice people. I love that you are doing arranged dates with our girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a traveling "peddler" with a wagon full of granddaughters. (intentionally misspelled Larry.... Ha Ha.)

      Delete