Sunday, June 7, 2015

Hostel to Breaks Interstate Park, VA Thursday June 4, 2015

     Started riding at 8 am.  Breakfast at 9 in Honaker.  Worst pancakes I've ever tried to eat.  Couldn't finish my meal it was so bad, but I was polite.  Got to Haysi.  My map said there were full services there.  Not true.  I flagged a motorist down.  He said he was a "road angel".  He called the nearest motel which was 10 miles away and mostly uphill at the Breaks Interstate Park and they had rooms available.  Made it there about 6:30, took a nice hot shower, and then had a great dinner that made up for the lousy breakfast.

Pretty scene

Waiting to say good morning to the mailman

Zoomed in of the above

A lazy bear rock

Small garden

As long as we're together.....




Larger garden

The river, the forest, the fog, the mountains.

1 comment: