Friday, June 19, 2015

Elizabethtown to Beaver Dam, KY Mon 6/15/2015

     I'm deviating from the bicycle route some more to gain some time and miles.  Most of the time it seems that the bicycle scenic route is laden with more steep hills than I enjoy.
     Two spokes bit the dust this morning.  I did get an earlier start this morning than usual.  When I got to Leitchfield and learned there was a bicycle shop there I was really relieved. While they were repairing the spokes I had lunch and got a haircut. The owners of the bike shop are really some wonderful people.  I thought they were under charging me for the repairs and when I told her to add $10 for a tip she replied, "absolutely not".

Now this farm looks like some kind of operation 

Rick and Joyce Embry who restored my bike to good working order

Rick and Joyce have had this bicycle shop in the same location for 40 years.  Great people.

Patrick Heffler.  79 years old and still riding

This is Dennis Buckles.  He passed me and then waited for me at his driveway with a bottle of cold water  and some energy boosters.  The energy boosters came in handy just a few miles further.  The cold water,  right then.

At the motel in Beaver Dam I met Josh Andrews and his girl friend Ms. Reynolds.  They were from Camp Verde.  Didn't get a picture of them when we visited, but I got one of their license plate as I left the next morning.
.

1 comment: