Monday, June 22, 2015

Carbondale to Murphysboro, IL Mon 6/22/2015

   
     Leisurely morning this morning. Had to wait until 10 o'clock for the bike shop to open to replace the broken spoke. I decided it would be a smart thing to replace the 24 spoke wheel with a 32 spoke wheel, which I did.  I also had them clean everything real good and give it a good tuneup. They did a great job on it. I feel much more confident riding down the road now with less chance of a spoke 
breaking.
     I decided to stop in Murphysboro instead of going any further. I planned out my route across Missouri, and if I get the mileage that I want each day, I can be in Kansas a week from today.  We'll see in the next few days how rough the Ozark Hills are.

Glad to find this bicycle shop.  Maybe their name had something to do with that.
Dave Lubbs displaying the 32 spoke wheel prior to replacing the 24 spoke wheel.
Dave doing the fine tuning and intricate work that I won't even attempt to do. I was very pleased with their work and their honesty in helping me make the decision to replace the wheel.  Although my mind was pretty well made up that that was what needed to be done.  I didn't want that broken spoke worry hanging over me all the time.  THANKS DAVE.
While Dave was fixing my bike I had breakfast at a cute little restaurant that had this sign displayed. There were no kids running wild in this place
I walked back to the bicycle shop along the railroad tracks and couldn't resist taking this picture as a reminder for us to "grow where we're planted". 

2 comments:

  1. Such nice people to help you get your bike back in working order! I am glad people are watching out for our papa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a good laugh over that restaurant sign.... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete