Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ozora to Fredericktown, MO Wed 6/24/2015

     The hills were brutal from Zora to Farmington, MO.  I bought a Missouri roadmap, studied it, and made the decision to go south on US 67 to US 60 W. Divided highway and an emergency lane which serves as a good bicycle lane. Much safer. Up hills are only about a 4% grade which I can pedal up. So I went south on that route to Fredericktown and got a motel there. However, as I was eating dinner at the Chinese restaurant someone stole my flags and flagpole off my bike.
A yard bouquet

Peach and apple orchard behind the farmer.  Notice the high fence to keep the deer out.


Grape orchard.  This is wine country

A Missouri brewery

Meet Orlando Salazar.  Met him at the gas station/Food Mart.  He works for Halliburton in the oil industry.  He helped me get on the right road to head south on US 67.  He grew up in La Junta, CO.  His parents still live there.

His name slipped my mind before I could write it down or I misplaced it.   We had a good visit. 

Now that's a good bike lane.  Especially with that rumble strip out of the way.

Ate Chinese food tonight and this was in my fortune cookie.

1 comment:

  1. Love the chinese fortune! People seem to be so kind and helpful along your way except for the thief who stole your flags. The next set of flags you need to write a scripture or thought about being kind on them so they will think twice about stealing again.

    ReplyDelete