Friday, June 19, 2015

Bardstown to Elizabethtown, KY Sat 6/13/2015

Hay waiting for the baler

One down and many more to go

Water under the bridge




Up and over the hill they grow

Just waiting for rain.  No irrigation here

Same as above





Brewery in Bardstown

Lotta booze in they thar tanks



Met this man at a gas station (Convenience Store).  He was complementing me on what I was doing, this ride and all. I said "well let me thank you for your service to our country", and I pointed to his hat. He started to tear and choke up and he thanked me for acknowledging that. It was a touching moment.

This man is a retired military man and he and his wife Nancy were here in Elizabethtown watching their grandson play in a baseball tournament.  His name slipped my mind.

Lloyd Napier is one tall drink of water.  I told him I had crossed some bridges in eastern Kentucky that were named after some Napiers'  They were military people.  He said those bridges were named after his grandfather and uncles.

Finish the day with the banana split

And I did eat it all 888

1 comment:

  1. As I was scrolling down through the pics I told my wife,"banana spits are always so huge, no one ever finishes them". Whoops ! HELLO !!! She gone !

    ReplyDelete