Sunday, June 14, 2015

Hazard to Booneville, KY Mon June 8, 2015

     Four hills to climb.  This has been one of the hardest days physically.  Lots of rain today.  I was soaked and cold.  Stayed at a real nice Victorian Bed and Breakfast.   I was the only one there.  Sometimes there's several bicyclists there.
     I also saved a couple of turtles today.  I ride by many flat turtles in the roadway, flat opossum, flat raccoons, flat snakes, and deer roadkill off to the side of the road.
This one withdrew into his shell as I approached him/her

I thought of the starfish story as I lifted it off the highway; "I can't save all of them but I saved this one."

Safe for now, but doesn't realize it yet

This one I saved was a little more sociable



One of the bedrooms at the B&B

The B&B, very comfy 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure I have never seen a turtle crossing a road. They have NO chance!

    ReplyDelete